Finding legal advice

Get access to professional help when you need it

There are a number of options available if you need professional legal advice. We will be adding to this list as we find new avenues of advice but for now your choices are:

Employment Legal Community Centres

Working Women Centres
Centres are Queensland, the Northern Territory, South Australia and Tasmania. WWC describes itself as a free and confidential service for women employees or those wishing to work "whatever their age, ethnicity or work status" The primary purpose of the centre is to help women not represented by a union, their own lawyer or other advocate. Click here to find a centre:

Job Watch
Based in Victoria, this is a employment community legal centre open to both genders but again aimed at people who have not other advocate and no money to afford legal advice. Contact points can be found on the website:

Office of the Employment Advocate
This is a Federal Government entity that provides information to employees and employers. The site is useful with a pop up box listing the five minimum standards contained under the Australian Fair Pay and Conditions Standard, guides to creating workplace agreements, fact sheets on the industrial relation changes and a fantastic links area. To find out more, visit the website

Related articles you might be interested in reading